January 2013 HAD Meeting in Long Beach
As it does most years, the Historical Astronomy Division will meet jointly with the American Astronomical Society in January 2013.
Make your plans now
Highlights of the meeting will include
Sunday, 6 January
- 1:30–3:30 p.m. Special session I: “Making Astronomy Public, Los Angeles Style,” organized by Peter Abrahams, David H. DeVorkin, and Thomas R. Williams.
- 4:00–6:00 p.m. Special session: II “Preservation of Astronomical Heritage and Archival Data,” organized by Wayne H. Osborn and James Lattis.
Monday, 7 January
- All day poster session of contributed papers on historical astronomy.
- 10:00–11:30 a.m. Special session: III “Fifty Years of Celestial X-ray Astronomy,” [joint with HEAD] organized by Hale Bradt and Richard Rothschild.
- 12:45–1:45 p.m. Annual HAD Business meeting.
- 2:00–3:30 p.m. Oral session of contributed papers on historical astronomy. Presentation of the second Donald E. Osterbrock Book Prize for Historical Astronomy, followed by a lecture by the recipients, Harvey and Victoria Bricker.
- 6:30 p.m. Sixth annual HAD Minibanquet. Make your reservation now.
Tuesday, 8 January
- 10:00–11:30 a.m. Oral session of contributed papers on historical astronomy.